About Conventional Loans
Conventional mortgages are the most popular option for borrowers looking to purchase or refinance a home. Borrowers may choose between fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages with terms from 10 to 30 years. Conventional mortgages are not insured or guaranteed by any government agency and may be sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
Many borrowers enjoy the consistent monthly payment that comes with a fixed-rate Conventional loan, as this tends to make budgeting easier. However, adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs) may make the initial payment lower with the payment adjusting after the fifth, seventh, or tenth year and every two years after for the term of the loan.
Why Get a Conventional Loan?
- Put down as little as 3%.*
- Credit scores as low as 620 may be accepted.
- Fixed rates offer consistent monthly payments and simplify planning and budgeting.
- ARMs may have lower initial monthly payments than fixed-rate loans and adjust after the fixed term.
- Available for purchase, refinance, or cash-out refinance.
*Depending on specific loan characteristics.
Looking for a specific product not listed above? Give us a call and one of our loan officers will be happy to assist you.
Want to learn more?
Submit your information below and one of our Loan Officers will contact you.