What documents do I need to provide for my mortgage?

If you are employed (not self-employed), you’ll need to provide the following:

  • U.S. Individual Income Tax Returns (IRS Form 1040) for the two most recent tax years, including all schedules (the federal portion only).
  • If you have not filed for either of the two most recent tax years, provide a copy of the Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return (IRS Form 2350) and a copy of your most recently filed return. (Note that the Request for Transcript of Tax Return [IRS Form 4506-T] does not provide complete tax returns. You must provide complete tax returns to fulfill this requirement.)

And for each current job you hold (again, not self-employment), provide the following:

  • Pay stubs covering the last 30 days.
  • Wage and Tax Statement (IRS Form W-2) for the two most recent tax years.

Not finding the answers you need?

Contact us by phone or form, and we'll be happy to assist you.