What if I receive child support? What documents will I need to provide then?

If you receive child support income, provide all of the following:

  • A birth certificate for each child receiving child support. Divorce Decree, Separation Agreement (if the divorce is not final), Court Order, or Legal Agreement that indicates payment of child support, amount of the award, and the period of time over which it will be received (to verify child support will continue to be paid for at least three years after the date of the mortgage application).
  • Bank statements or copies of checks deposited for the most recent 12 months or applicable period showing receipt of payments. Both must indicate the originating entity. Check images must include front and back and indicate that the checks have cleared.

Not finding the answers you need?

Contact us by phone or form, and we'll be happy to assist you.